DWI Sobriety Checkpoints in St. Charles
Do you know how to handle a DWI checkpoint?
The odds are that at least once in every driver’s lifetime they will encounter a DWI checkpoint. These checkpoints are randomly placed on main roads in the St. Louis and St. Charles counties, oftentimes around holidays or later at night. Typically law enforcement makes several arrests for DWI while conducting these checkpoints. However, there are a variety of legal issues associated with these checkpoints.
If you have been arrested for DWI at a sobriety checkpoint, it is important that you immediately speak with an attorney who understands the legal issues associated with them.
What happens during DWI checkpoints in St. Charles, MO?
The important thing to understand about sobriety checkpoints is that typically the driver has not done anything wrong or broken any traffic laws to warrant being detained.
- Despite the fact that you haven’t done anything wrong, a police officer will likely approach your car and begin speaking with you.
- The officer will typically ask questions concerning how much alcohol you have been drinking, where you are coming from and where you are going.
- Throughout this conversation, the officer is really observing your behavior while noting any signs of intoxication.
- You are being investigated for driving while intoxicated even though you technically didn’t do anything besides being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The nature of this investigation brings up numerous legal issues.
If you were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs during a sobriety checkpoint, please know that you may be able to avoid a conviction and/or loss of your driver’s license. You should hire a knowledgeable DWI attorney to examine the circumstances of the checkpoint, the evidence gathered, and the charges made in order to protect your rights and avoid a conviction.
RECOGNIZED IN THE INDUSTRY
- DWI Lawyers
- CDL Holders and DWI in Missouri
- Choosing a DWI Lawyer
- DWI Breath and Blood Tests in Missouri
- DWI Sobriety Checkpoints in St. Charles
- First Time DWI offenses in St. Louis and St. Charles
- Missouri DWI Expungement
- Missouri DWI Laws
- Missouri Field Sobriety Tests
- Multiple DWI Offenses
- St. Charles DWI & Drugs Lawyer
- Underage DWI