Missouri DWI Expungement
The lawyers at the Lampin Law Firm are experienced in DWI expungement.
A DWI is one of the very few crimes that can be removed from a person’s record in the State of Missouri.
What is DWI expungement?
An expungement is a legal process of having a criminal charge removed from a person’s criminal record. In Missouri, there are very few crimes that are eligible to be removed under the current expungement laws. Luckily, charges of Driving While Intoxicated and Driving Under the Influence are eligible to be expunged, though subject to very strict guidelines.
Assuming that your DWI charge is eligible for expungement, a court action must be filed naming the proper parties including the arresting agency (i.e. police department) and the Missouri Department of Revenue. It is critical that your attorney knows the proper parties to name or it will defeat the purpose of filing.
Once the Judge grants your Petition for Expungement, your record will essentially be wiped clean and DWI will be removed from your record forever.
Requirements for DWI Expungement
If someone wants to have a DWI charge expunged from their record they must meet certain criteria laid out in RSMo. Section 577.054.
This statute says that:
- the DWI charge must have been your first alcohol-related driving offense
- the DWI that you are seeking to have expunged must have been a misdemeanor charge, rather than a more serious felony offense
- the DWI charge must be at least 10 years old
- you must not have faced any subsequent alcohol-related driving charges
- you must not have any other alcohol-related enforcement contacts or charges pending at the time of the expungement proceedings
Of course, Missouri laws change often so it is important to consult with an attorney to determine your eligibility. This information is provided as an information resource only and should not be relied upon. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss the facts and circumstances surrounding your particular case.
St. Charles DWI Expungement Lawyer
The attorneys at The Lampin Law Firm can help you remove a Missouri DWI arrest and/or conviction from your record. We know the requirements and the process and have helped many people erase a mistake that they made 10 years ago. Call us today to speak with one of our attorneys to determine whether you may qualify to have your arrest expunged.
RECOGNIZED IN THE INDUSTRY
- DWI Lawyers
- CDL Holders and DWI in Missouri
- Choosing a DWI Lawyer
- DWI Breath and Blood Tests in Missouri
- DWI Sobriety Checkpoints in St. Charles
- First Time DWI offenses in St. Louis and St. Charles
- Missouri DWI Expungement
- Missouri DWI Laws
- Missouri Field Sobriety Tests
- Multiple DWI Offenses
- St. Charles DWI & Drugs Lawyer
- Underage DWI