Experienced DWI Lawyers That Will Fight Hard For You
A DWI is a serious charge that carries with it serious consequences including the potential loss of your driver’s license and possibly even jail time.
We understand what is at stake for you, and will take immediate action to protect your rights and your future.
The attorneys at the Lampin Law firm aggressively fight DWI charges on behalf of our clients and use knowledge and experience to get you the results that you need. Our experienced lawyers have represented THOUSANDS of people facing DWI charges. Our team of DWI attorneys includes several former prosecuting attorneys who understand what the state is going to do and who knows how to aggressively fight for you.
Time is limited in all DWI Cases
In the state of Missouri, you may have as few as 14 days from the time of your arrest for Driving While Intoxicated to protect your legal rights! It is important to speak to an attorney that will help you understand your rights and explain to you how to protect them.
At the Lampin Law Firm, we have the experience and training to make sure your rights are protected and provide you with the best chances of success. Contact us today to discuss the details of your case and to arrange a free consultation.
Aggressive DWI Lawyers in St. Charles, MO
Our defense attorneys aggressively approach every alcohol-related driving offense that our clients are charged with regardless of how overwhelming the evidence seems to be. Our team uses their working knowledge of DUI laws and procedures to build stronger cases for our clients. We know how much is on the line and we will never accept the minimum when it comes to delivering results. Our clients expect the best DWI defense possible and we strive to meet their expectations in every way.
Our results speak for themselves
Our lawyers have represented thousands of people who were facing criminal charges for DWI and we have a track record of success that speaks for itself. The members of our legal team have helped people charged with all levels of DWI charges, from misdemeanors to serious felonies, and have developed a reputation for success in courts throughout the state of Missouri.
Our strategic approach for handling your Drunk Driving Charge
When you come to the lawyers at The Lampin Law Firm, we take a detail-oriented approach in investigating your DWI case, starting with examining the initial stop that led to your arrest. A police officer must have probable cause to pull you over and investigate you for driving while intoxicated. The officer cannot make a stop based solely on a “hunch.” Importantly, field sobriety tests (SFSTs) and chemical testing (i.e. blood and breath tests) are almost always fallible, so we are oftentimes able to challenge the accuracy of the procedures and tests used by the police in their investigation.
What to do if you’ve been pulled over and charged with a DWI/DUI in St. Charles, MO:
In almost every DWI case, the arresting officer attempts to obtain test results that measure the driver’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC). If the person suspected of DWI refuses to provide a sample, the police officer has the legal authority to pursue a warrant for a blood test.
Many DWI cases that our firm encounters involve blood or breath test results.
In cases where a blood or breath sample was obtained, our DWI lawyers use their knowledge and years of experience to challenge the results of these tests. We know what to look for in challenging the validity of these BAC tests including:
- if the tests were performed properly. The officer performing the chemical test must adhere to a set of strict procedures.
- if the person doing the tests had the proper permits as required by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
- if the breath test machine was properly calibrated. Just because the breathalyzer says that you are over the legal limit does not mean that the result is accurate.
- if the proper procedures were followed.
Our experienced attorneys know what to look for and have a track record of successfully challenging chemical test results.
Should You Blow When Asked To Take a Breathalyzer Test in Missouri?
One of the most common questions that we are asked is whether a person should agree to take a breathalyzer or refuse the test even though they have been told that they will lose their driver’s license for a year. There really is no easy answer to the question, unfortunately. There are simply too many factors involved that make it possible to offer a standard yes or no answer. If you are reading this and you already had to make a decision about whether or not to consent to a test of your BAC, there is no going back in time. However, knowing your rights and having lawyers who will fight for them is critical.
You Have The Right to Refuse Chemical Breath & Blood Tests
As a Missouri driver, you have the right to refuse a chemical BAC test. However, under our State’s Implied Consent Law, you may be punished for refusing a blood or breath test by having your license revoked. In fact, it is a requirement that you be told of the consequences of refusing to submit to the BAC test. By refusing the test, the officer will typically seize your driver’s license and issue you a temporary permit. At this point, you have as few as 15 days to protect your rights and appeal the suspension. If you do not request a hearing in this time, your license could be automatically suspended for an entire year.
It is possible to successfully challenge this evidence in your case and we can help. The Lampin Law Firm will aggressively attack the validity of these tests and fight to preserve your rights. Let our reputation for success work in your favor.
How to choose the right Missouri DWI lawyer:
With so many DWI attorneys out there, how do I know which one will really get me the results that I need? The truth of the matter is that no attorney should ever hold themselves out a being the best at any area of law. There are a lot of lawyers that will promise the world but when it comes time to deliver their clients are in for a rude awakening. At The Lampin Law Firm, we give our clients an honest assessment of their case and matter-of-fact advice about what to expect. We never promise what we can’t deliver.
When a client comes to us, we find that they oftentimes want to know about our:
- Experience – Our lawyers have over 150 years of combined legal experience. Two of our lawyers are former prosecuting attorneys who are in the unique position of having once prosecuted people charged with Driving While Intoxicated. ALL of the lawyers on our DWI team have handled hundreds of criminal cases and have developed a great deal of knowledge in this complex area of law
- Focus on Results – We approach every case as if it were our own. You will never be just another name on a file. We work with you to identify your goals and will work tirelessly to help you achieve them throughout the c ourt process.
- Communication with our clients – When you hire our law firm, you will be involved in every step of the process. At some law firms, you will be stuck dealing with a paralegal. At The Lampin Law Firm, we believe that you should always be able to speak to an attorney. If we are not available we strive to return your phone call the same day.
- Availability to our clients – Sometimes you will need to speak with somebody outside of normal business hours. Our clients have their attorney’s cell phone numbers and are able to reach them at any time of the day.